Saturday 10 January 2009

Norwich and Forest

Starting with the FA Cup match against Norwich, you'll probably have noticed that neither Richard or I updated the blog after this match...... too be honest, it's because we were both gutted....sat where we usually sit, we were just gutted with the result and a replay doesn't help anyone with the fixture congestion it will cause.

Having turned up at the ground and queuing for about 30 minutes for tickets we went into the ground.... my prediction was a 2-0 Charlton victory, I really thought we'd do them over, and if football were a fair game, we would have done, however, its not fair and it seems that we're suffering at the hands of the footballing gods.

I thought Charlton played really well, I thought Jonjo Shevely was a pleasure to watch, he worked 150% and was all over the place, tackling everywhere and everyone, and was far and above the best player on the pitch.

Burton was the weakest player on the pitch for me, he looked lazy, he looked uninterested and too be honest, he looked like was just interested in taking home his wages and then f**king off home.....

On the whole, I thought we were unlucky, we just couldn't get that second goal that we needed to win the match. Christ, we could have had 3 in the first 15 minutes, but as I said, its football and you need to take the punches and roll with them. One thing that really suprised me was the substitution that Parky made around the 70th minute, he just seemed to be playing for the draw, because i just couldnt work out what he thought he'd get out of the changes he made?

I took a lot of heart from the match and I think with Gray (or myself, I'd give 100% if Burton doesn't feel up to it) up front would have made more of the opportunities. Norwich had one real attack and they scored, it was a shame, but its not the end of the world, we need to move on and that starts with Forest today.....

Not wanting to be the merchant of doom or anything, but I think this IS the make or break match this season. If we get a result here today, we will move to within 2 points of Forest and with both Southampton and Doncaster playing mid-table sides, I'd hope that a few results might go our way, and we are back in the game, however, if we lose and anyone else gets a result, then I think we might find ourselves too far off the pace to recover.

Forest will be a tough team to do-over today, they've got a good manager in Billy Davies who will have them well organised today, so its going to take a lot of effort and creativity from the addicks today to break down Forest. Too be honest, I'm not going to make a prediction on the match today, its too close to call, but if the performance against Norwich is anything to go by, I'll take the positives, ignore the negatives and just HOPE that we get the result we all deserve.

I write this as I'm getting ready to head to London Bridge and to the ground....so...

Come on you red men.

No comments: